Sunday, January 02, 2011

L*O*V*E


My word choose me
Before I even had a chance to think about it
It was right there
Waiting for me to declare it
I could not shake it
Even when I tried
The word felt right
Yet so wrong to say out loud

I come to this space
To share the truth of my story
To show my soul
And wear my heart on my sleeve
So I knew I had to be honest here
I knew I had to show up
With my word in the palm of my hands
Ready to show you all

So I am doing just that
Even though it feels bold to say
I am showing up
With my word in the palm of my hands
And sharing it with you all

My word for 2011 is
Love

I have come a long way on this journey through life
I never could have imagined that I would be here
It has been amazing traveling down these paths
I am so lucky for everything that I have encountered
I have grown
I have learned
And I have found myself during this journey

I am now ready
Ready to embrace love
To open up my world to that deeper connection
I am going into this year with my hands open
Facing forward
Ready to accept whatever comes my way
I am not afraid
I am open

~~~
The below quote by Brene Brown is how I approach love.  I have learned over the past few years that the only way to truly live is to allow myself to be seen for exactly who I am.  I am on this journey to show my most authentic self to the world.  In doing that I have been met with kindness, compassion, and understanding.  It has opened up the doors for connection on a deeper level.  And I need to connect on that deeper level.  It feeds my soul.  So when I think about love I think about it this way.

"when we let our most vulnerable selves and our most powerful selves be deeply seen and known.  and when that offering is met with respect and kindness and trust, that is what love is.

love is letting ourselves be deeply seen and known and then honoring the connection that happens between two people who are willing to do that with kindness and respect." ~ Brene Brown


~What is your word for 2011?  I would love for you to share it here or link me to your blog so that I can read what you choose. 

8 comments:

beth said...

do you have any idea how much i love love ?....and not even the mushy love. the love that comes from a sunny day. a smile. a look. a bag of m&m's....you know ?

and what a year 2011 is going to be for you. i'm glad to be on your journey.

stefanie renee said...

oh this is so awesome - I LOVE it :) you go girl and I am right there with you all the way.

much love to you sweet soul!

xoxo

Karen D said...

LOVE it, I really do!
My word found me also, I am going to write about it tomorrow.. it is EMBRACE...

Hugs,
Karen

Happy Mama (Lisa Gonzalez) said...

Yes! Love! It's perfect :) Thanks for sharing.

Here is my blog post: http://happymamasjournal.blogspot.com/2011/01/joy.html

rachel awes said...

ohhhhhh,
of course it is love.
that is what has drawn me to you.
well, dear one, i'll tell you mine
here first! it is "incredible"...
because "in" is credible. i feel increasingly ready to claim/live that.
together, incredible love. a great connection! xox

patty said...

Yay - you did it. You put it out there to the universe!! There are many ways that LOVE could manifest in your life, but I join you in hoping that it will be just the LOVE you are so ready for. Can't wait to follow along on your year. I will be sharing my word later today if I can ever get it written up!!
Big hugs and LOVE to you, dear girl!!

melissa said...

Oh so excited to see what 2011 brings for you...LOVE! Haven't figured out my word yet but will let you know when I do.

Elizabeth Halt said...

I think I mentioned mine before -- trust -- but I probably didn't write about the choosing (I mean, how it chose me). Maybe sometime ..

I need to write that quote down - thank you for sharing it.

I am looking forward to seeing what 2011 has in store for you with love as your word. You put so much heart into everything that I can only imagine the magic that will happen with your intention behind it.

xoxo