Thursday, March 25, 2010

I have



The stars have aligned for me
Somehow, someway
I am lucky
So incredibly lucky

I have my feet
They help me travel
Step by step they lead me on new adventures
Take me to new experiences
And help me stand tall in who I am

I have my legs
They carry me
Always standing back up after every time I fall down
Scars on my knees tell the stories
Of the risks I have taken
The stumbles that have made me stronger
And they weave together pieces of my story

I have my core
Which houses my heart and soul
They each guide me
Entice me to try new things
Be adventurous
Take that next step
And embrace the beauty that is close at hand
My heart soaks in the happiness that swirls around me
And guides me during my sadness
My soul heals all things
And grounds me

I have my arms
That lift me up
Hug the ones I love
And encircle all things that fill me up

I have my hands
That love to hold another's hand
They wipe away my tears
And clap in excitement
They write the words that flow from my heart and head
And touch the lives of others

I have my head
Which protects my brain
Allowing me to think
Decide what I want to do
Be who I am
Dream up incredible things
And create the things I desire

I have my ears
That listen to sweet music
Which makes my feet want to dance
It hears secrets passed between friends
Ideas blossoming and a friends encouraging words

I have my eyes
That take in all the beauty around me
The radiant sunset
Someone smiling
All the words that I soak up
My eyes see you, all of you

I have my mouth
To taste the delicious foods that nourish my body
Feel the kiss of a tender soul
To whisper I love you, and tell you how much I care

I have me
All of me
And for this
I am
Incredibly lucky

4 comments:

marilyn said...

for this, for you, we are all incredibly lucky, jennifer. wow again.

patty said...

I am also incredibly lucky - to have met you and to be able to read your lovely and powerful words any time I want to. It's a good life!!

Lorrie Spotts said...

Jennifer, this is such a great reminder to be grateful for what we have. Very inspiring.

Lorrie

Elizabeth Halt said...

And in that, we are all lucky.

A wonderful tribute to your self.