Saturday, December 04, 2010

feeling alive

mindy and I at squam by the sea

A year had past from when I first met Mindy on the Oregon Coast at the Be Present Retreat. At that time I had no idea of the incredible influence we would both have on one another. Thanks to squam arts workshops, Mindy and I had the opportunity to connect again in person near the ocean but this time on the opposite coast.

It was our last night by the sea. We were in the living room of the main house. Mindy sat with her elbows on her knees on the wooden coffee table directly across from me. I sat in the same position on the couch. We leaned into one another as we both opened up our hearts. I wanted to soak in Mindy as much as I could before we had to say our goodbyes.

Mindy's voice was filled with joy and enthusiasm as she talked about her painting and how I have inspired and opened her up. She shared with me some of her dreams as her eyes were sparkling and an enormous smile was beaming from her face. I sat there listening to her speak soaking in that beautiful accent of hers.

We spoke of writing and painting and reflected back to each other the beauty that we each radiate but sometimes struggle to see. Mindy cracked open my heart and soul. She gently lead me to see, feel, and know that my words have the ability to have an effect on others. They can inspire, heal, and even help someone.

As Mindy and I shared our stories my heart filled up with love and gratitude. The world works in magical ways. A girl from New Jersey and a girl from Arkansas crossed paths in Oregon. But that was just the beginning of their story.

I am so honored to watch Mindy spread her wings and fly. She is soaring and it is beautiful. I am also so grateful for that moment in time when I got to sat across from Mindy and felt truly alive. I look forward to all that has yet to be.

~~~
Mindy is a mixed media artist living in Arkansas. She has a passion and joy for life and a smile that is contagious. You can see read more about Mindy on her blog at Tim's Sally and see all of her beautiful creations in her Etsy Shop.

9 comments:

mindy lacefield said...

my heart is so full and the tears are welling up!
i think of that very time too where we sat across from each other that night. it was magic and so so special. i wanted to bottle up that feeling and take it with me. i think with what you give me every day that i can bottle it up. i carry your inspiration with me day in and day out. i will never forget that magic. i love your words. they speak to me on so many levels and continue to touch my heart. they are healing and loving. and i'll have to stick by what i said that "margarita night".....there are no one else's words that have affected as much as yours. so true!

love you so much!
m.

Karen D said...

beautiful words on a special connection.

kelly barton art + design said...

i kinda dig this story...probably cause i dig both of you.

Heather Foust said...

What a beautiful post. You are so lucky to have each other on this magical journey.

tricia said...

love both of you so much!

Sam said...

Such a beautiful friendship! And isn't it exciting when a friend that you believe in so wholeheartedly is really happy and fulfilling her life's purpose - it's a wondrous thing to behold, and be inspired by. And so exciting that you feed each other inspiration. I sent Mindy a tweet the other day to stop being so dang productive, because I want to buy it ALL!

Ella said...

I am so happy for you both; Soul filled friends, you both aloud the process to happen~ Rare n' beautiful!
What a wonderful gift~xXx

patty said...

Well, this little story brings a tear to my eye and a smile to my face at the same time. Love witnessing this and love you both big-time!! It's a beautiful thing!!

K8 said...

I echo what Sam says! So amazing that you guys can support one another on this journey..and push each other...and inspire each other...and love each other! love you both!