Tuesday, July 02, 2013

letters across the miles


Dear Kristine,

Happy Tuesday and almost Fourth of July!  I cannot believe that the fourth is already upon us.  Summertime always seems to fly by in a blink of an eye.  Do you have any plans for the Holiday weekend?  I absolutly love fireworks.  I am not sure where we will be seeing them, but am looking forward to the brillant colors in the sky. 

I love that you have been adding to your photography portfolio since you started working in Providence.  It is wonder that you are embracing your surroundings and really soaking them up.  All to often we run from one thing to the next, never really taking the time appreciate it.  But here you are, soaking it all in.  Fantastic! 

I took a big leap and opened the doors to my Etsy shop for the first time.  I can't belive I did but am so proud of myself for just doing it.  My writing, blog, photography, and work has all evolved so organically.  I love that.  Opening the Etsy shop felt like the next right step to take.  I am not sure where it will lead but am excited to see the path it opens me up to. 

When I was in high school I ran Cross Country and track, running the mile, half mile, and two mile.  Belthoff's do not have much speed so we have to stick to the distance events.  You should see my brothers run to first base when they play softball.   It is like they are running in slow motion. 

What I like about running is that it pushes my mind.  I know my body can make it up the hill, but it is my mind that is the challenge.  All it ever says to me is: "I want to stop, I want to stop."  But I must keep my legs moving and make it to the top.  It feels so good when I push through. 

I enjoy riding my bicycle more.  When I am on my bike my mind never even thinks the thought of stopping.  There is to much territory to explore.  To many new sites to see.  I want to peddle as far as I have time for.

I love excercising.  Moving my body, stretching my muscles, climbing higher than I thought I could go.  Excercise is such an amazing healer for the mind, body, and spirit.  I try to excercise five days a week but do not always get the chance. When I don't I feel it in me.  I become a bit sluggish, irritable, and craving the movment.  That is when I pick myself up and go for a walk.  Even a walk around the block refreshes me. 

I hope you have been enjoying your summer.  Please tell me what adventures you have been up to, what feeds your soul, and where you want to go to next. 

Sending lots of love your way from NJ!

xo
Jennifer
{10}





No comments: