Sunday, May 08, 2011

spilling it out


If you asked her to speak
Her words would become jumbled
She would feel tongue tied
But if you gave her a pen
And a piece of paper
The words flowed
Directly from her heart
Onto the page
There was no filter
No holding back
Just raw honesty
Laid out before her
She showed the world her heart
Put it all out there
For others to examine
It was healing for her to do so
And so she continues on
Pen in hand
Journal tucked away in her backpack
So whenever the moment arose
She could write
Spilling her heart out onto the page

5 comments:

beth said...

funny how often that happens to us.....give me a pen any day :)

rachel awes said...

yes,
the gift
of
paper
&
pen
&
raw honesty.
xoxox

Kathryn Dyche said...

It's like those words were written about me. I have a hard time expressing myself verbally but give me a pen and paper and off I go. Beautiful.

K8 said...

I often feel like this...way easier to express my feelings in written form. :)

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

How lovely is this... very inspiring!