Monday, September 06, 2010

Letting go


I show up here
With pen in hand
Ready to let go

Let go of feeling like it is my fault
Let go of thinking I have any control
Let go of the anger about how it all unfolded
Let go of the the way things are now
Let go of the whole ordeal

You are not the person I knew
I thought I was going to be the one to struggle
With the end of us and the beginning of something new
But it is not me who is struggling

I am stronger than I thought
I am secure in who I am
I am standing on solid ground
And I never even realized it until now

Yes this does have something to do with me
But only with a title I was given for a brief moment in time
It is nothing personal

I have memories of who you were
Today I only recognize that person for brief moments in time
Every other moment you are a stranger

So I am letting go
I was and always will be respectful
I handled those moments in time
With grace and dignity

It is not about me
It never has been
And it never will be

I just let go

2 comments:

marilyn said...

jennifer, you continue to amaze me with your strength and the way you listen to yourself. the way you KNOW yourself and believe in yourself is awe-inspiring. i know it does not come easy, but you fight tenaciously. way to take care of yourself. brave girl indeed. holding your hand......

Teal said...

thanks for popping by Jennifer, I love your poetry and pics too!