Sunday, January 08, 2012

My word for 2012


Sometimes my word for the year picks me
Wings arriving in my mailbox
Telling me it is my year to be brave
Other times my word speaks strongly with love
And I am almost to afraid to say it out loud
I don't want to jinx it

This year I had to dig my word out of the ground
It was cultivating there for the past five years
As I gently tended to it with love and encouragement
My word needed time to grow and it did just that
Now it is strong and ready to soak in the sunshine

Five years ago at Squam Arts Workshops I grew my wings
Bravely I stood with them as I learned how to fly
I was engulfed with love and embraced deeply who I am
Now, I am ready to spread those wings and Soar
Reaching for my dreams and making them happen

I no longer want to stand on the ground
My wings have grown strong
They are ready to fly
In fact, they are ready to soar

It sounds kinda strange to see it in print
Almost to bold to put down on paper
But I know to make it happen, I have to say it
So bravely I am putting it out here

This year I am going to SOAR

12 comments:

Karen D said...

Oh yes..can;t wait to see how you soar.

xo
Karen

Steph said...

YAY! : )

melissa said...

Oh yes! xo

marilyn said...

my eyes are focused upward, knowing your word is true. you are surely soaring already!

kelly barton said...

i love it. so perfect.

patty said...

Yay - off you go flying high. Believe it and it will be!!

Elizabeth Halt said...

Yes! I can feel the power as you say this! I am picturing you soaring high above the clouds, strong and brave and free. xoxo

Stef said...

YES! YES! I am sitting here reading your beautiful words and all I can say is YES! you go girl. We believe in you ...YOU believe in YOU. it's time ..it's time.
so much love girl - so much love,
xoxo

rachel awes said...

my heart lifted off
as i read your word!
yessssssss!!!!
sending love to your wings!!
xox

mindy lacefield said...

this is a perfect word!!! i love it and i love you. this year is going to be so so good. i see you there soaring.

beth said...

and i know you will.....xo

christy said...

oh i love this ----fly FREE!!!!
my word for 2012 is YES!
more at:
http://christywilson.ca/?p=230

loving your blog!
christy