Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Photo Exploration Day Six

(from Sunday)

Timmy in action at the Snow bowl in Giants Stadium.  Very cool for him to play on the field, and for me to venture up to the press box.  :)  



Alex, absolutely thrilled to be on the field.  What an amazing feeling.   I wish I could feel what he did that day.  

It was nice weather here in Northern New Jersey on Sunday.  The perfect day to go to Giant Stadium.  Timmy was playing in a special Snow Bowl which raised money for The Special Olympics.  It gave me a chance to play with my camera.  To venture into action shots.  I took many shots that day.  Not many came out great, but it was fun to play.  To adjust my camera and see what I could produce.  It was a wonderful day spent with wonderful people.  

**I need some photo expertise.  Can someone please help me to get the photos to not look so grainy.  Any help would do as I really am not sure what I am doing with  my camera :)  Thank you so much!**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I found you through the Unravelling blog roll :) I'm from NJ too, and participating in the class.

I just wanted to help you out with your camera if I can. A few things you can try - if you can set your ISO, the lower the number, the less noise (grain). So, if the ISO reads 100, there will be none, but if it reads 1600, there will be a lot. Low ISO number needs to have brighter light though.

Another thing that will help is if you set your camera so that your pictures are taken at a higher resolution. You'll take up more memory on your card, but you'll have less grain. If you save them as tiny pictures, and then they are enlarged on your computer, they can get grainy. On the other hand, if you take them really big and need to shrink them down, they will be crisp as can be :)

Hope that helps!!