Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday....

Your laughter rings through my ears when I think of you Grandpa.  Always a joke you had or us and always a smile when I saw you.  You always seemed so happy to be living life and enjoying whatever it was you were up to.  Hitting golf balls behind borough hall, fixing up old bicycles, and hanging out at the swim club where just some of the things you loved that I remember you doing.  I also remember so clearly spending Christmas at your house and listening to your music coming from the breezeway. I remember the basketball net and birdhouses you built us.  I feel so blessed to have been a part of your life.  To have been given the chance to know you, hear your stores, and listen to so many of your jokes.  You were an amazing many who touched the lives of so may and an absolutely wonderful grandpa to me!  I love you dearly and forever you will be in my heart with that brilliant smile on your face and that twinkle in your eye.  I miss you grandpa, happy birthday!  

1 comment:

beth said...

what a wonderful tiribute !!! He's looking down on you right now with a great big smile on his face !