Monday, September 01, 2008

You


We used to be together.
Laughing, joking, enjoying each others company.
Now we are apart.
Not even sure what the other is doing.
How did it come to this? 
Did we not work hard enough? 
Did we not listen to each others inner most thoughts? 
Did we close our eyes to the beauty that surrounded us?

Before we were a team, now we are strangers.
Passing one another in the night and never even noticing.

Looking around I see all the things we used to share,
Time spent together.
When all is still and quiet I can still hear your laughter bouncing off the walls. 
Photos of you remain in frames hung up so neatly.  
I still cannot muster up the strength to take them down.
When I gaze upon them memories flood my mind.
Taking me back to a moment filled with smiles and time spent together. 

There are still moments when my eyes well up with tears.
Remembering you.  
We spent so much time laughing... 
no one can make me laugh like you do.
Just hearing that laugh brings a smile to my face.

I miss you!
I hope you are well,
and I hope whatever you are up to your laughter is following you!
  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont know who that is written for but im glad you've discovered your self.keep exploring and laughing.maybe it was me.probably not ....T

Jennifer said...

Thank you for your beautiful comment. I appreciate your thoughtful words. My only wish is that you were not anonymous. I would love to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

i am not anonymous.and thats not your only wish

Jennifer said...

true i do have many wishes...mr/mrs/miss anonymous which ones do you know of?

Anonymous said...

your wish to not be so shy.which i see is comming true.