Friday, February 01, 2008

Free Lunch




I always wanted to buy a stranger lunch. Yet I never really knew how to go about doing it. Today I was standing on line to get my lunch at the mall after a search for a black polo shirt for work, which I was unsuccesful in finding. A young gentleman, about 17 was standing there waiting for awhile because he was paying with his credit card, but the line was down. So instead of having him wait any longer I paid for his lunch.

So simple, I know. But it felt so good to let him know that there is still kindness in the world. Hopefully that small act of kindness flows over.

3 comments:

Swirly said...

What a wonderful gift...we all need those little reminders. I am sure he'll never forget that.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love it that you did that! I think this just inspired a new post! I have to go think about it...Thanks for stopping by my blog today - I really appreciated your words.

Marilyn said...

Hey, you! Trying to get caught up on the past couple of weeks... LOVE that you did this, Jennifer. I *think* about doing stuff like this, but then chicken out...as if someone would NOT like to have this done for them. ;) Good for you!