Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not hiding



I was hiding under the covers

Afraid to get out
Afraid to see what was really there
Afraid to see all the things I have been avoiding

Terrified
I am terrified
To see
To feel
To face my mistakes

I struggled
I fought
I came up with a million reasons
why it was better just to stay in bed

Yet one reason gave me the little nudge I needed
to get out
to breathe
to face what was right in front of me

Life

My life was at stake
I was trembling
but I put my first foot on the floor,
I felt the coldness and almost pulled it right back up

I gathered all my strength and placed my second foot on the floor
I stood
I opened my eyes
I looked around

To my surprise what I saw
was beautiful
not so scary
and I sighed a huge sigh of relief

I choose to live,
to experience,
to not hide
And that felt really good!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Here's to not hiding! ;) xoxo

daisies said...

how beautiful!