Wednesday, April 03, 2013

letters across the miles


Dear Kristine,

Tuesday came and went.  After getting out of work from the restaurant last night I was lying in bed and it hit me, "oh my goodness, I never wrote my letter."  These past few days have flown by in a thick haze.  Holiday weekends tend to do that to me.

It was wonderful spending time with family over the weekend.  I have a very large extended family.  My father is one of eleven --- therefore there are many aunts, uncles, and cousins in the mix.  We have entered a new phase of life where my brothers and cousins have children of their own.  There are six new little ones in the family and as I was sitting at my Uncles house on Easter Sunday I was taken aback by this new generation that was just starting their life.  It feels like only yesterday that my cousins and I were kids and now here they are having kids of their own.

It is great fun having this new generation around.  Holidays have a new sparkle to them.  And seeing my cousins and brothers as parents is mind blowing.  It makes me wonder how I am going to be when I have children of my own.  It is also neat to watch how their children interact with one another; new relationships and connections forming.  My hope is that they even though they aren't "cousins" that they grow up to have the relationship that my cousins and I had growing up and still have today.  Sleepovers, parties, cousin's nights, hanging out together, knowing that no matter what we are family.

I love reminiscing with my family about times past.  Whenever my brothers and I go back in time tears are always rolling down my face from laughing so hard.  Those are the moments that this life is all about.  Connecting, laughing, and being in the moment.

Spring is here and it makes me happy.  I am looking forward to when the sun is shining brightly and I can wear my flip-flops without my toes freezing.  You have me thinking about what I want to do this Spring that I have never done before.  Hmmm, that is a really great question.  I am not sure.

There are many things that I have done before that I am looking forward to.... feeding the ducks, sitting outside on my porch at night with a good book and a glass of wine, walking with Dustin, going to the park with my niece, wishing on stars, nights around the fire, planting herbs, and grilled bbq chicken.  During this time of year I spend as much time outside as possible.  What is on your Spring/Summer Bucket list?

Wishing you a wonderful week!      

xo
Jennifer
{04}

1 comment:

Maura said...

Don't the little ones make every family gathering fun? I have a gaggle of nieces and nephews and love sitting with them and just enjoying them!