Thursday, April 04, 2013

feast of words


I love the world wide web and the way it opens up opportunity for connection, the ability to interact with people all the way across the world, and the never ending journey it takes you on.  However I have been craving in person connection.

Sitting down across the table from someone
Looking into their eyes
Hearing the sound of their voice
Sharing with one another, together

So I have taken a very brave step and am hosting an in person gathering with my aunt; Feast of Words

It will be an evening gathered around the table breaking bread, toasting with a glass of wine, and releasing our fears about writing.  We will leave those fears on the table after dinner and settle in to write.  I will be guiding the small group into how to begin writing your story.  Every one has a story to tell and we will begin writing ours that night.  You don't have to think you are a writer to be a part of this evening.  If you make a grocery list, write you name, or fill out a birthday card for a friend then you my dear can begin to write your story.

I am excited about this evening and can feel in my heart how heartwarming and tender it is going to be. I am looking forward to being in a room with individuals and sharing pieces of our heart.  It is going to be so good.

With any brave step we take though, moments of fear jump in.  I am nervous that no one will sign up.  But I am not going to let that stop me.  The night is planned and my aunt and I are ready to go.

If you are interested in joining please head on over here for the details and to sign up.  And if you know someone in the Mahwah NJ area please feel free to share this event with them.  It is going to be such a lovely evening!  


Love Notes Presents

:: Feast of Words ::

A night of delicious food and writing to uncover your story!

When:  Saturday, April 27th
Time:  5:30 pm - 9 pm
Where:  The comfort of my home in Mahwah, NJ
Included:  Dinner, wine, and a night of writing
Price:  $45.00

3 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I think this is such a perfect offering for you - you would be so good at making people feel safe enough to share. If I lived nearby, I would sign up myself. Celebrating your courage in putting it out there and wishing you just the right people.

Living in the Moment said...

How I so wish I could participate - Perhaps we can find a retreat to attend together - That would be so wonderful - Wishing all the best! ox
~Kristine

A Work In Progress said...

Only if I lived closer..I would definitely sign up. I hope you will share tidbits of the outcome of your evening.