Wednesday, November 07, 2012

begin again


Let's just stop here for just a moment
The world has been a spinning ever so quickly
I need a moment to pause
To breathe
To remember what is truly important

Conflicting points of view
Long lines for gas
People in the dark
Trying hard to warm up
It feels like an up hill battle

Getting blanketed in snow reminds me to hunker down
Crawl under the covers
Soak in my own warmth
And remember that we can begin again
We can always begin again

As the world spins
I sit here
Breathing deeply, in and out
Letting the glow of my heart warm my soul
Creating space for what is to come

I am not sure what is around the next bend
So many dreams and thoughts swirling in my mind
I need to create what I most need
With each passing day I am learning more and more what that is
And so I begin again

I begin right here
Right now
Taking a leap
Afraid, but willing
Knowing I will land safely, wherever I land


2 comments:

rachel awes said...

i too need this breath.
sitting here beside you in the sun.
xox

Kelly Warren said...

beautiful.