|photo by: Thea Coughlin|
Over the past 33 years I have been growing, expanding, and learning so much. Here are 33 things I know to be true as I celebrate my own 33 years here:
1. Life is so much more fun when you are surrounded by good friends and family
2. Laughter heals. Especially in those moments when we think we cannot laugh, me must. Our hearts become lighter and the darkness doesn't feel so dark.
3. Seeing the world through a four year olds eyes brings you back to the days when you thought you could do or be anything. It is a good reminder to know that is still true if you are willing to go after it.
4. Falling in love with someone you can travel with easily makes the adventures that much more sweet
5. Using your voice in positive ways will take you further than you ever thought you could go
6. If you want to make something happen, you have to begin
7. Family is a sure thing in this world. I know no matter what; I can lean on them, laugh with them, and create the most decadent memories
8. Through travel one can learn some of life's best lessons and create the most savory memories
9. We do not have to do it all alone. Collaborating and working together with others enhances whatever it is you are creating
10. Sunshine has the ability to fill your soul
11. Running makes you stronger
12. Showing up is half the battle. When you show up time and time again, especially when you do not want to...celebrate that. It is a big deal
13. Having people you can share your story with is really important. Not just anyone, but the ones that really get you
14. True friends are rare. When you stumble upon them take the time to nurture the relationship
15. You may not always love the work you do. But you never know where it is going to lead you
16. Showing your vulnerable pieces to others can have the ability to connect you in ways you never dreamed of
17. There is so much you can learn about yourself when you live alone
18. The experience of going away to college will teach you so much more outside the classroom
19. Boyfriends will come and go, but one day when you finally figured out what you really want you will meet him and your life will be forever changed
20. Taking time to discover what really moves you will fill you with happiness
21. Dancing lifts your spirits no matter what mood you were in
22. Lean deep into others, listen to what they say, and cultivate tender relationships
23. To make big things happen you have to be willing to take a risk. Leap!
24. Going outside of your comfort zone will push you and help you to grow in immense ways
25. Don't be afraid to say no. And don't be afraid to say yes.
26. Listen to what your heart really wants
27. Supporting one another is so important, so very important
28. Relationships with your siblings can bring you so much joy and laughter. Nurture these relationships
29. The dirty dishes and unmade bed can wait. Now is the time to be fully present with the ones you love
30. Don't worry about what others think of you. Just be true to yourself and let that shine through
31. A good pair of jeans is hard to find. When you find ones that fit you, buy two!
32. Twinkle lights make the world a better place
33. Living big, bold, and beautifully is the only way to do it. So be silly. Reach higher. And go after your dreams