Tuesday, May 28, 2013

letters across the miles


Dear Kristine,

How was your "Kick Off to Summer trip?  I loved seeing some photos on your blog.  It cracked me up to see Chilis in one of them because my second job is at Chilis.

What fun things did you do and see?  What is your favorite memory from your time away?

Memorial Day weekend around here was filled with rain, wind, and cold weather.  Not the usual kick off to summer.  I can't believe that it is already almost June!

I love this time of year and am looking forward to the sunshine, flip flops on, and time spent outdoors.  Dustin and I may be heading to Chicago in a couple of weeks to catch a few baseball games.  I have never been so would love to go.

I have been busy around here with all different creative projects.  My mind is working at warp speed and my hand can't keep up to get all of the ideas down.  I just opened up sign ups for the next round of Love Notes and can't wait until we start.  Registration is open until June 15th.  I hope that you will join in.  It is the one year anniversary of the project.  I can't believe that it was a year ago when I started it.  It has been so much fun to host each session and I love looking back and seeing how it has evolved.

This weekend I am hosting a little girls art date with three girls.  I am looking forward to getting them together and digging into some creative fun.  I love working with children.  Their honest demeanor and try anything attitude is always such a blast of fresh air.

I wonder when I lost my try anything demeanor.  When I became afraid of getting hurt, or not wanting to put myself out there.  I wish I could go back to that one moment when the switch flipped and tell that little girl to continue on that path.  That it doesn't matter what others think, all that matters is that in your heart you are happy.

It is amazing how as a child we are fearless and as we get older we try so hard to get back to those roots.  To live without fear, embrace the moment, let loose and just have fun.  I want to dance around like no one is watching and fall deeply into joy.

Hope you are settling back into home and reminiscing about your time away.

Sending you so much love from NJ

xo
Jennifer
{08}



2 comments:

Roban said...

I miss writing and receiving letters. Your post reminded me of that.

Angela said...

I have had pen pals on and off along the way. I love letters.