Tuesday, May 14, 2013

letters across the miles



Dear Kristine,

Happy May!  Have you gone on your Kick Off to Summer trip to Maine yet?  I know I have said it before but I so love that you guys take a Kick Off to Summer trip.  What a great tradition and a beautiful way to spend time together.  Can't wait to see some photos of your adventure.

I love that you have a view of the city from your office.  There is something so amazing about the feeling that comes from being in a buzzing city.  So much to take in.  People going from here to there.  Stories around every corner.  What a great place to sit and write during the warmer months.

I have been soaking in all the sunshine that May has brought us.  Being on my bicycle is complete and total freedom.  It clears my mind and makes me feel so incredibly happy.  It is the best therapy ever.  I love this time of year.  I will definitely share photos of my adventures.

I have been trying to carve out some time for myself and a little self care each day.  In the morning when I have a bit of extra time I will pick up a favorite book and soak in a few inspiring words to start my day.  It has gotten me off on the right foot when I do it.

Why is self care the last thing we think of to do?  So easily and willingly we take care of others but taking care of ourselves requires a bit more of a push.  I always drain myself to the core before I take the time to care for myself.  It is just not the way to do it.

How do you nourish your soul?  Any ideas for working self care into your normal routine?

Sending you so much love today.  I hope the sun is shining down on you.

xo
Jennifer
{07}

No comments: