Friday, November 25, 2011

forever


Forever
I looked the word up in the dictionary because I wanted to know what it meant
"Without ever ending, eternally, continually, incessantly, always"
"An endless or seemingly endless period of time"
That is what I found
That is what they say it means

But what I wonder is
Does anything last forever?
Is there anything we we can rely on, forever?
Should it even be a word in the dictionary?
Should it be a word ever spoken from our lips?

Is there anything in your life that has stayed the same since it began?
Anything that has lasted forever?

Everything changes
Ebbing and flowing with time
Seasons come and go
And so do people
We grow and learn
Never the same forever
Nothing is the same forever

Yet we toss around the world
Speaking it from our lips as if it holds power
But what power could it hold when we never keep the promise?
What ground does this forever word have to stand on?
What does forever really mean?

1 comment:

K8 said...

I guess...forever...we would never really know the truth if it exists until we die. but then, how will we know then? "a seemingly endless period of time" though...hmm...this definition kind of makes me laugh as I'm preparing for my wedding. uh oh! what am I getting myself into. :)