Thursday, February 11, 2010

I listen and I see YOU


I listen to your stories, your heart ache, your tears,
your dreams, your worries, and your fears
I listen to not only what you have to say
but I listen to how you feel
I digest it
Soaking in each morsel
I listen to what you do not want to say
What you are afraid to say
And what you think you never will say
I listen to that little voice that wants to jump outside of your soul
And open up your eyes to a whole new world of possibility
I listen to the pain that pours out of your eyes,
even when you are not talking about it
And I listen to the emptiness that you feel is inside of you
I listen to everything

But what I see is so different than what you say
I see you
Strong
Brave
Bold
Beautiful
Loving
Tender
Kind
Caring
I see this strong women standing before me
Doing things she never thought she could
Jumping
Flying
Spreading her wings and opening her heart up to the world
I see your soul radiating light
I see your smile guiding you through each day
I see you
All of you

6 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

beautiful.

Gloria King said...

wow...jenn..you are so talented...beautiful writting..

Kolleen said...

yes....
i see YOU... my dear brave beautiful magical friend!

xoxoxo
k

Izzy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

beth said...

this is spectacular jennifer....

Serena said...

such beautiful words from a beautiful gal. Thank you for sharing.