Thursday, January 03, 2013

2013, all the cards on the table

A new year has arrived and I have my hands deep in lighting candles with intention, reflecting, and casting wishes for the year ahead.  I have not yet chosen a word for 2013 yet, but I have a clear focus.  I want to get my act together.  Pay my bills on time, budget my money, and do those things you have to do in life without putting it off and putting it off again, and then just not doing it.  You know the things I am talking about; getting the oil changed in the car, going to the doctor, making those phones calls to see if I can get a better rate on car insurance.  All the necessary things that I always without fail put off.

So I started the year off right and got the oil changed in my car on New Years Eve.  I calendared out all my bills, and signed up for a budgeting app that will hopefully help to keep me on track.  I am taking a look at my 401k and trying to really understand what it all means.  I am putting one foot in front of the other instead of just sitting down and not doing a thing.  I am showing up with all the cards on the table and taking a look at them instead of pretending they are not there.

Its a good start, and to get any where you have to start.  So I stand here welcoming 2013 with open arms and eyes wide open  How about you?  What are you welcoming into 2013?

No comments: