Tuesday, December 16, 2008

This Place


I feel like I haven't been here in so long
This place, it feels different
It doesn't feel like mine
If these walls could talk they would ask me where I have been.

I have been gone from here, but...
I have been out making connections
Embracing the love from others
Creating new memories with family

I have been soaring high
Feeling brave
Sharing the love that resides in my heart
Opening up, spreading my wings

I have put myself out there
I have gained so much
Connected
Observed
Healed

but, I long to create
I long to be right here in my magical cottage
Diving into what resides in my heart
Splattering paint all over my hands
Getting the words that are swirling around in my head onto paper.
I long to fully explore my inner muse

Balance
I need to find a balance
between love, connections, and my inner heart
I need to find a balance 
between what is out there and what is hidden in here
A balance between you doing what you love and me besides you, covered in paint exploring
I need.....

1 comment:

beth said...

*sigh*....balance, now there's a word !!

last year instead of a new year's resolution, we picked words instead....I picked "see" and this coming year I was going to go with "look" as my camera is always around my neck....

but oh, "balance" is wonderful !!!