Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rising up...


I fell to the floor
Begging to the world to help me find peace.
I cried, pleaded, shouted.
Nothing seemed to help

For awhile I stayed in that position.
Huddled on the floor
Aching, 
Feeling pain in every inch of my body.

I started to notice the sun shining
It came slowly, casting a light through my darkness
Every so gently it got brighter and I was able to see things a little more clearly.

I rose to my knees.
Instead of begging and pleading I began to give thanks
I started to notice the beauty around me,
I felt the earth, the breeze, the sun. 
Nature surrounded me
Nature healed me.

I put my palms out,
As if to welcome the new things coming way.
A smile rose on my face and I embraced all the adventures I would soon take

On my knees I stood tall,
Proud of who I was.
Amazed at what I had been through
And grateful to be here right now, in this moment.

Rising up from the darkness
Rising up from the despair
Standing tall in who I am
Rising up to meet who I am meant to be.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, sweet, beautiful you. Ever since I saw your tweet at how upset you were (and I did send you a direct message but when you didn't reply, I thought you maybe wanted to be left alone)...I've been wondering what's been going on with you. My life has been kinda complicated lately and I didn't get around to reading blogs as I normally do. But I'm here now...and it's looking like (I just caught up on all of your posts) that your relationship has ended...? I hope you're hanging in there. Please know I'm here if you ever need to talk. Big hugs to you. xoxo