Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Life



"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have that life that is waiting for us."
*Joseph Campbell

So many times in my life I try to plan everything out. I think if I plan it out things will go just as I planned. Yet, each time without fail the plan does not go through as I had thought it would. Something changes last minute, something unexpected occurs, or I just do not want to do what I planned. People feel they always have to stick to their plans or things are not going to be right. However usually when I just roll with the punches and plan nothing, that is when I have the best time.

Life is here for us to enjoy. Planning everything leaves no room for random chance experiences...and usually those are our best days.


I also stumbled upon another quote which I feel is absolutely fabulous:

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are"
*Joseph Campbell

No comments: