Wednesday, June 19, 2013

finding my way


On wobbly legs I traveled to the land of the bean with him.  With each step I took the ground felt uncertain.  I wasn't sure where I was going or what my heart would encounter.  I was losing the path I had been traveling on, but I boarded the plane anyway.

This new city greeted us both with sunshine.  We made our way to Millennium Park where he slept off the early morning flight and I wandered around.  Notebook in hand I found a cozy spot to write and spilled my words onto the page.  Opening up, letting go, releasing the fear and worry.  Within that park I stumbled upon my path, finding my way again.

I felt the weight of the worry lift from my shoulders.  This whole time I knew where I was going, I was just fearful of losing my way.

3 comments:

Roban said...

Finding our way can be exciting and scary at the same time. In the end, it's what makes up the stories of our life. I've never seen the Bean or visited the city. Have fun!

Pamela said...

Just visited Chicago for the first time 2 years ago - loved the architecture! Did you get to Wrigley? It's a magical park. . .

beth said...

i love your words here jennifer....and i love that you were in chicago. i would have loved to have met you....maybe next time :)