Thursday, October 18, 2007

Doing My Part

I take my canvas bags to the grocery store.  
I turn off the lights when I leave a room,
and make sure Chris does the same.  
Chris and I  ride our bike's to the supermarket when we can,
and trek our things home in our backpack's.
We carpool to work.  
I will open the window instead of putting on the ac,
and put on a sweater instead of turning on the heat.  
I drop off my old clothes to the clothes bins, instead of throwing them away.  

I am working on turning off the water while washing the dishes, and brushing my teeth.
On buying products that are more enviormentally friendly,
and recycling better.
I am trying to do my part.

I had a conversation with someone the other day who called me a "greeny" for bringing my own bags to the supermarket.  I am not even sure what that word means.  But it shocked me that he mocked me for doing my part.  

Of course I will do my part if it means making the world a little better for myself and my children.  
Of course I will do my part if it means saving something that is so precious and brings me so much joy.
Of course I will do my part.
What holds you back from doing yours? 
And why mock me for wanting to leave this place a little better than I found it?

No comments: